Artists are encouraged to submit proposals based on artwork they are already creating, but with consideration for the format of the program. A typical share will consist of a work of art/object of artistic production – multiples are encouraged, however creative ideas that translate your practice into this format are also welcome. For example, a limited edition of 7” vinyl records, a run of screen-prints, series of small tea cups, collection of photographs, a recording of a performance or event, letterpress editions of a poem or short story, or even 50 small original paintings.
All artists maintaining a residence in Colorado are eligible to apply. Artists must be able to deliver (or arrange delivery) of artwork to Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art or Denver Botanic Gardens. All artistic media are welcome. Applications for consideration in the 2013 CSArt Colorado program can be submitted to our online application system December 6, 2013 – January 13, 2013. Artist applications are now closed for the 2013 season. Participating artists will be notified of their acceptance via email. All chosen artists will receive a $1,000 honorarium.
• While not everyone works small, consider how you could fit your piece into a 12″ x 18″ x 12″ box. If you usually make large-scale paintings, think about how you could get a sample of your work into a collector’s hands.
• For artists working in performance, film, sound, installation, etc., think about formatting your work as a commissioned object for collectors. Musicians might opt for a limited edition recording, or filmmakers a uniquely packaged DVD.
• Keep in mind that this is a commission for unique artworks. The stipend is not intended for the purchase of 50 commercial products.
• Also note that participating artists will need to consider the delivery of their shares.
1) Samples of your current work
• VISUAL ARTISTS: 4 images at 72 dpi, minimum 1920 pixels on the longest edge
• MUSICIANS: Please provide 2 audio examples of your work
• PERFORMING ARTS -VIDEO: Please provide 3 video examples of your work. Video can be uploaded or linked to in the corresponding text box.
• WRITERS: Please provide 3 writing samples in the provided text box.
Alternate views of the same artwork are allowed to better illuminate the nature of the work. Artists need not provide images of proposed artwork.
2) Artist’s proposal
Provide a brief artist statement as to the context of the artwork and rationale as to why the work is relevant for this particular show. Why is this work a good fit for CSArt Colorado? (1000 characters max)
3) One page Artist’s CV.
Deadline for entry (via CaFE™ system) is January 13, 2013.
Jurying Curators: David Dadone and Lisa Eldred
Notification of Acceptance: February 15, 2013.
Artwork Delivered to Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art or Denver Botanic Gardens: April 2013.